Parish Council Action Plan
In October 2009, the Parish Plan was published following a long period of consultation and may be accessed below. This contains short term actions and longer-term aspirations. This will be superseded by the Neighbourhood Development Plan which is soon to be adopted.
Meanwhile, the Parish Council produced an action plan to guide their thinking around the priorities for 2020- 2021.
We hope this action plan will:
• Help us to widen the understanding of the role of the Parish Council in Melbourne and Kings Newton and equally for the Parish Council to understand the needs of the local community
• Encourage wider participation and ensure that we are inclusive in our approach to all sectors of the community
• Enable us to focus on what is important and do it well, recognising we are all volunteers
• Give a shared vision, purpose and objectives to stay focused as a team
• Enable us to encourage volunteers from the local community to use their expertise and skills across particular projects
• Make it easier to measure our impact and communicate who we are and what we have achieved for our community
• Facilitate the development of a sustainable budget that aligns resources to priority actions and determines the level of monies to be raised through external grants
A full copy of the Action Plan is available to view by clicking on the link below.
Policies, Action Plan, 2020-01-20 (PDF, 100 Kb)
Policies, Parish Plan, 2009-10-01 (PDF, 1.1 Mb)